Our dear Samantha,
One year ago, you pushed your way into the world, and we got to meet you and hold you for the very first time. It was the happiest and most miraculous moment of our life. The last year was filled with so much joy and unforgettable "firsts." Your first smile, first roll-over, first tooth, first crawl, first word, and of course, your first birthday party.
Grandma Louise came to visit for your birthday weekend and brought you all kinds of goodies. Daddy decorated the dining room with streamers, Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet, and Mommy cooked all sort of yummies. At 11:45am, the doorbell rang and we went to get the door for Zia Gaia and Zio Jerome. But guess what? Surprise!!! It was Babulya and Dedulya! They drove over all the way from Baltimore without telling us. How could they miss your first birthday?! Zia Gaia and Zio Jerome came a few minutes later.
We had a lovely lunch and you got to try your first Earl Gray Chiffon cake.
It just occurred to me that on your first birthday, you were surrounded by 7 people who love so much (it's that number 7 again ;) We wish you many more birthdays filled with people you love and who love you.
- We wish you health.
- We wish you true happiness -- the kind that can only come from loving someone and being loved back.
- We wish you to have friends -- not many, but a few good ones.
- We wish you laughter, even in difficult situations.
- We wish you to have faith in yourself and others.
- We wish you to grow up all that you can be.
All our love, hugs, and kisses,
-Mama and Dada